Amanda

Along with being a full time student at Maranatha Baptist Bible College, Julia Doerstling works part time at the campus's own Old Main Cafe. She has been working at the coffee shop since November of 2009 and plans to continue her career as a barista. Julia said, "I look forward to working in the coffee shop this coming school year."

According to Julia, Old Main Cafe brews Berres Brothers coffee which is from a local coffee roasting company in Watertown, WI. When I asked Julia what her favorite thing to drink at the work is, she said, "My favorite drink in the Cafe would depend on the mood. I love the Wild Berry Smoothie and Schnookie Cookie Frappes when in the mood for something cold, and the Chai Lattes when in the mood for something hot."


The Old Main Cafe is a very friendly, welcoming environment. Julia's favorite part of working with the customers is "getting to know them. I met so many more people just by working in the Cafe. It really helped me branch out and get to know people." Old Main Cafe is the perfect place for college students to study, get together with friends, or just hang out between class. Julia says that her favorite part of working at the cafe is, "knowing how to make the different drinks and getting to know the customers. Like I said before, I met so many more people just by working here."


I asked Julia what drink she recommends from the cafe. She suggests a caramel white chocolate frappé. "It's perfect when cooling off during the summer."
0 Responses

Post a Comment